"What's the Meta?" New Publishing Deal


You may remember a few months ago that I was happy to announce a new publication opportunity for my short play "What's the Meta?" in the upcoming tenth edition of the Bedford/St.Martin’s textbook The Bedford Introduction to Literature (which should be released any day now).

I can now report that the play will also be featured in two additional publications by Bedford/St.Martin’s: Literature to Go, 2/e (softcover and electronic formats), and The Compact Bedford Introduction to Literature, 10/e (softcover). The first book is scheduled to be released this summer, and the second at the beginning of 2014.

The play was first published by Smith & Kraus in the anthology 2009: The Best 10-Minute Plays for 2 or More Actors (Contemporary Playwrights Series).

I'm so pleased to see this play take on a life of its own. I wrote it as a little homage or love letter to art of making theatre, so it's very gratifying to see it receive such a warm reception from so many quarters.

Also, I'll be back soon with news on the upcoming release of my latest adaptation, "Cuthbert's Last Stand" (or "Suburban Redux," depending on which title I end up settling on). So stay tuned!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing Mania!

A Rebel Among the Wretched

Opening Night for "The Craft"