Off Cut Festival



As we move closer to the autumn, I'm looking forward to seeing how my play The Craft fares at this year's Off Cut Festival at Riverside Studios, in London. Interestingly enough, the play is written by an Englishman living in the U.S. (yours truly) and is being directed by an American living in the U.K. What are the odds?

There are a whopping 28 plays in the festival, and these are whittled down through audience voting as the festival progresses through its 3 week run, until a winner is declared at the end. Sort of like an American Idol of short plays. I hope I make to a respectable finish at least, and don't get chopped in the first week.

The Craft is from my play collection The Meta Plays, and revolves around two actors performing a scene from a play. However, the words you hear them speak aren't the words of the play they're acting in but rather their inner dialogues, which are comprised mostly of their mutual animosity towards each other.

Anyway, I'll update more on this as events warrant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing Mania!

A Rebel Among the Wretched

“Carbon-Based Life Form Seeks Similar” Receives Second Publishing Deal