A New Year, A New Book

Firstly, I’d like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! 2017 was a very important year for me, as it saw the publication of my monologue book “Monologues They’ll Remember You By,” which I’m happy to report has so far been a great success, finding its way into the hands of actors across the US, the UK, Canada, Australia and Continental Europe.

It also saw the publication of my anthology of comedic short plays, “Ten-Minute Plays: The Comedy Collection,” which is also proving to be very popular, hitting the #1 spot for hot new releases on Amazon upon its release.

And 2018 promises to be another big year, as I’m currently working on a brand new book which I hope to finish in the coming months. This one’s a little different for me, as it will not be a book of my playwriting work but a book about playwriting itself. It’s still in its formative stage, but essentially I will be sharing insights and experience from my journey as a playwright, offering advice, tips, and all manner of useful information I’ve gleaned over the years – some of it hard-won – for the benefit of anyone who might be interested in becoming a playwright but who finds the whole world of dramatic writing and play production/marketing all rather daunting.

Less, then, a book about the writing of plays themselves (though there will be plenty of information on that, too), and more a book about navigating the world of the playwright from the perspective of someone who’s been in the trenches for quite some time now.

So stay tuned for regular updates on that, along with any and all other news of import. In the meantime, have a very fruitful and productive 2018! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing Mania!

A Rebel Among the Wretched

Opening Night for "The Craft"