Tap, Tap, Tap...Testing, Testing...

I've had two of my books (The End of the World and Schism) approved at ACX (and Amazon company) for production as audio books. I'm quite excited about this as I think audio books are a great way of hearing a story, whether it's simply because you just want to settle down somewhere comfortable and let the narrator pull you in (some childhood connection to bedtime stories there I shouldn't wonder), or for people on the go to listen in their cars or portable devices - not to mention the visually impaired.

Now I'm waiting to hear back from any potential producers/narrators who are interested in either project. I could narrate it myself, of course, but I'm afraid I'm far too self-conscious to do that any more. I've done plenty of voice work in the past (commercials mainly), but my performer side has long since departed. You couldn't get me on a stage now for all the tea in China. I suppose I could feel comfortable enough narrating someone else's work, but my own...nah.

So we'll see where this goes.

Another thing I'm going to try my hand at soon is book trailers. I'd always thought they seemed like a rather pointless exercise and not really something the average reader would bother with, but I've heard some people have had quite good results from them, so it's certainly worth a try. And with all of the free time that I have...cough, cough, cough.

Talking of time - you know I had to blog today if for no other reason than to have a post on 11-11-11. I was going to wait until the next time this occurred, but by then I'd be a hundred and...well, never mind.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing Mania!

A Rebel Among the Wretched

Opening Night for "The Craft"