Monologues They’ll Remember You By


At long last I have a new book coming out. This particular book, however, is quite different to anything I’ve released in the past as it’s a text book. I’ve been working for some time now on assembling a book of monologues for actors of all levels taken exclusively from my back catalogue of plays, and I’m pleased to report that the official launch date is now within sight.

Monologue books
Since I already had numerous monologues of mine published in various trade publications (with another one on the way), the idea to create a book of my own seemed like a logical move. The only hesitation I had about embarking on such a project was the sheer size of the task ahead of me.

But, never having been one to shy away from a challenge, earlier in the year I began the lengthy process of reading through all of my plays and selecting what I considered to be the best contenders for inclusion in the book. When I’d whittled the list down I found I was left with a substantial total of 80 comedic, dramatic and seriocomic monologues that in my opinion warranted a place in the collection. Most of these come in with a running time of approximately two minutes and the vast majority of them are active voice monologues.

Next came the somewhat daunting task of writing introductions to each of them, providing a sense of setting, tone and character as well as providing any additional information that might be pertinent or helpful in performance. After that I was left to write a formal introduction to the book, along with several pages of information on how to make the most of the monologues included, offering tips and advice on such matters as age, gender, accents, etc., in order to give the actor the broadest possible range of options.

And now that Monologues They'll Remember You By is almost ready for publication, I think I’ve produced a book of monologues that would be a valuable resource for any actor – professional, amateur or student – providing them with a host of fresh, compelling monologues that will make them stand out from the crowd.

I’m very excited to see this project finally come to fruition, and as the release date nears, I’ll update this blog with any news or developments of note. In the meantime, pre-orders for both the paperback and e-book editions of Monologues They'll Remember You By are now available in the Amazon store in the U.S. (coming soon to the U.K.) should you wish to obtain a copy as soon as it’s released, either for yourself or for that talented thespian friend or family member.

You can also check out the book's webpage here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing Mania!

A Rebel Among the Wretched

“Carbon-Based Life Form Seeks Similar” Receives Second Publishing Deal